So last night, I took a little time in the kitchen to work on some flowers. The lily bloom I photographed a few days ago had died, but another one, which was then just a bud was opening up. Since it was a cut flower, it was looking abnormally crinkled. With some lights, the textures really jumped out.
I also had two sets of tulips I picked up at the local Giant. Although the pink ones were nice looking and I got some good pictures of them, my husband described them as looking somewhat ordinary. The second one was a deep purple (perhaps one would call it a black tulip) and I experimented with the light. It was a good demonstration to me that slight changes in exposure and light make a difference. The last one I took had a lovely righness to it.
As I said, I was working in the kitchen with some constant lights. I also had a black cloth hanging from the cabinets as a background.